Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pizza to the Rescue!

Who among us does not have several (or more) unfinished quilting or sewing projects? I certainly do. Despite my attempts at maintaining some organization, these orphan projects have had no home and have been crammed into boxes and baskets where they would fit. They really need their own homes.

Today I was in Home Depot looking for something else when I found myself contemplating the array of  plastic storage boxes. There was a Sterilite storage box that could work, but at $5.97 a piece (hmmm. how many unfinished projects do I have?), I dismissed it. But, on the way home I stopped in at my local pizza place and got them to sell me 6 large pizza boxes. They charged me $4.00. These are new, unfolded boxes, with a vague smell of pizza (if you hang out in a pizza place, you're going to smell like pizza).

I've attached a picture of one of my unfinished projects in its new home! This is a future quilt of diamond-shaped blocks cut from Kaffe Fassett fabrics. I'm going to also include in this box, a number of squares I've cut from KF scrap fabric. These boxes will label and stack soooo nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment